Our core practice is the provision of legal advice, court representation and other legal services to Queensland councils and the Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ) on town planning, property, administrative, corporate and commercial law. Our proven expertise in these fields over many decades has resulted in institutional and corporate clients also enjoying the benefit of our skills and experience.
The firm's services are grouped as follows:-
Commercial & Advisory Group
- Contract and commercial: waste management contracts; reusable water agreements; enterprise agreements; tender and contract documentation; construction contracts and contract administration.
- Corporate: company registrations, company constitutions; operating structures.
- Property: commercial and residential conveyancing; commercial leasing; retail leasing; community organisation leasing; negotiated government acquisitions; compulsory government acquisitions.
- Specialist advice: advice on all administrative/governance issues; LGAQ LG Online Legal Opinions Service.
- Administrative: right to information, information privacy and administrative releases.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation Group
- Liability litigation: advice and litigation in the defence of public liability and professional indemnity claims against local governments.
- Commercial litigation: local law prosecutions; Land Court disputes; infrastructure and construction disputes; contract and commercial disputes; debt recovery; rating powers litigation; human rights and equal opportunity commission disputes; anti-discrimination disputes.
- Administrative and industrial disputes: judicial review; disciplinary processes.
- Dispute resolution: mediation and resolution of general disputes.
Planning & Environment Group
- Planning: appeals, originating applications, declaratory proceedings and advice; prosecutions and injunctions; planning scheme reviews; infrastructure agreements.
- Environment: Environmental Protection Act appeals and advice; Environmental Protection Act prosecutions and injunctions.